Giving Christmas Dinner & Auction
DECEMBER 2, 2017
5:00 pm Bidding Opens
5:30 pm Dinner Served
7:00 pm Bidding Closes & Winners Announced
All proceeds this year will go to
Open Door Community Center
Ways you can give back:
- Come out on December 2nd and enjoy the barbecue meal, donations will be accepted for the meal. Invite your families, friends and co-workers. Come with a cheerful heart ready to bid! You can also bring a dessert to be served with the meal.
- Sunday School classes can donate a basket to the auction or collect money so that items can be purchased to make a basket. Class name and donation will be put on the basket.
Here are some ideas for donations to be auction:
- New or gently used items
- Use your talents to create items to sell: baskets, wreaths, task or jobs you can do for someone, special desserts or other items you bake that everyone loves, or other talents or hobbies or crafts.
- If you own a business or know someone who does, Donate or ask for a product or service.
- Please put items in Storage Room at end of East Hall
- Please make sure all money for baskets is turned in by November 20th to allow time for shopping and assembly of the baskets. Please bring any donated items to the Family Life Center by November 30th to allow for all items to be arranged for the auction. Cynthia Harrison and Susan Asby will be glad to answer any questions you may have.
- Make checks payable to Old Ford Church of Christ and note as “Giving Christmas Dinner & Auction.”
Most importantly, pray that all will be cheerful givers for the benefit of these charities. Pray that the donated funds will be used according to God’s Will and that the lives of those that are touched in a way that they will come to know God’s love.